The theme of the week is: Heroes.
It’s only the second week of the show and the remaining 14 contestants have it all to play for! Last week we got to see just how hot some of the lucky hopefuls were, this week we shall see who is in it to win it or who’s nerves are going to get the better of them! Scary it’s going to be another double eviction, and performing on the elimination show shall be US sensation Katie Perry and the X factors own Diana Vickers.
So who are the remaining hopefuls who compete for X Factor 2010 glory:
Groups mentored by Simon Cowell: Belle Amine, One Direction and wild card Diva Fever
Girls mentored by Cheryl Cole: Cher Lloyd, Rebecca Ferguson, Katie Waissel, and wild card Treyc Cohen
Boys mentored by Dannii Minogue: Aiden Grimshaw, Matt Cardle and wild card Paije Richardson
Over 28’s mentored by Louis Walsh: Mary Bryne, Storm Lee, John Adeleye and wild card Wagner Carrilho
* Storm Lee * Was first out for the over 28’s, he kicked off the show singing ‘Born to Run’ by Bruce Springsteen. Last week he was criticised for having too many gimmicks and there he was on stage on a motor bike! I have to say he looked like a rock star and was entertaining. I’m not thinking much of his song choice though and I felt he was trying too hard. However he can sing, the audience seem to like him and he received a mixed bag of reviews from the judges!
The song: http://xfactor.itv.com/2010/videos/video/watch_live-show-2-storm-lee_item_201103.htm
Betting: Will it be a case of first on, first out again like F.Y.D? Big favourite to be voted, Paddy Power 50£ in Free bets! offers only 2.62. NO BET.
* Treyc Cohen * was the first to sing for the girls, singing ‘Purple Rain’ by Prince. She looked fantastic with her different look, a very sophisticated little black dress and toned down hair do. Strong vocals which made me feel this song. You could see from the judges’ faces and the standing ovation from the audience that this young lady’s performance was awesome !
The song: http://xfactor.itv.com/2010/videos/video/watch_live-show-2-treyc-cohen_item_201104.htm
Betting: Simon Cowell loved it, and Treyc will be in the show for many weeks to come.
* Paiji Richardson *was first out for the boys, he sang ‘If I Ain’t got you’ by Alicia Keys. I think we may be saying good bye to him this week! Yet again his outfit was horrid, some retro 80’s look with a Polka dotted white jacket and jeans, no, no, no!! I didn’t think much of his outfit or his performance!! He started off a bit rocky, but found his stride towards the end of the song, with a nice big finish! However, the audience and the judges seemed to like him, so who knows!
The song: http://xfactor.itv.com/2010/videos/video/watch_live-show-2-paije-richardson_item_201105.htm
Betting: Boylesports 20£ in Free bets! offer 7.00 on Paiji to be eliminated first. Again, NO BET.
* One Direction * were first to perform for the groups, singing ‘My Life Would Suck Without You’ by Kelly Clarkson. The boys looked really cute together! It was another good performance from the boys, they seem to be gelling together and they worked the stage! I can see them going a looooong way in this competition as they are loved by the public an the judges. Simon Cowell’s comment says it all: “You are the most exciting pop band in the country today.”
The song: http://xfactor.itv.com/2010/videos/video/watch_live-show-2-one-direction_item_201106.htm
Betting: It might be time to put a bet on the winner. 5.25 from Unibet 30€ Bonus!, and it was close to 6.25 last week.
* Cher Lloyd * was next for the girls, reportedly taking a risk this week! She sang and rapped ‘It’s a Hard Knock Life’ by Jay Z. I have to say she looked like a clown in her outfit and she still has the rat on her head…! But her performance was very confident and modern, she clearly is the little ghetto princess of the competition. This girl does have the swagger…..!
The song: http://xfactor.itv.com/2010/videos/video/watch_live-show-2-cher-lloyd_item_201107.htm
Betting: On Monday we recommended a bet on Cher; http://www.onebooker.com/en/2010/10/x-factor-live-show-2-saturday-part-1/
* John Adeleye * was next for the over 28’s. He sang ‘A Song For You’ by Donny Hathaway it was an emotional and confident performance, I have to say I was really impressed by his vocals, he gave it 100%. To sum it up it was a simple beautiful, much better than last week, I think he has a lot more to give! The audience loved him and the all the judges loved it! Go John……… He is one to watch!!
The song: http://xfactor.itv.com/2010/videos/video/watch_live-show-2-john-adeleye_item_201108.htm
Betting: John is safe for another week. NO BET.